Return Shipments Policy
This Return Shipments Policy (“Policy”) governs the return request raised by the Buyer in accordance with the terms of this Policy (“Return Request”) and the mechanism for resolution of disputes raised by the Seller in relation to the Return Requests.
The users understand that Kidcity Solutions Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘we’ ‘kidcity’ ) is an intermediary aggregator platform and shall only mediate the return request except for any Logistics RVP, it shall be sole responsibility of the Seller to resolve the issues/ concerns raised by the Buyer pertaining to the Return Request except in-case of prime brands delivered from Kidcity Warehouse.
We shall not assume any liability for any failure on the part of the Seller to resolve the Return Request raised by the Buyer in our market place model.
We may modify this Policy from time to time, and any such changes will be reflected on the Platform immediately upon the changes being reflected on the Platform. Users agree to be bound to any such changes or modifications and understand and accept the importance of regularly reviewing the Policy as updated on the Platform from time to time.
- The buyer may raise a Return Request on the Platform for any one of the following reasons
- At the time of making a return request on the Platform, Buyer will be required to provide appropriate supporting documentation/ proof including without limitation:
If any further information or clarification is required from the buyer, we will contact the buyer.
Upon receipt of a Return Request from the Buyer, the same will be displayed on the Platform. We will internally scrutinize the Return Request raised by the Buyer and notify the seller and inform our ground sales staff for personal check-up and update. The Return Request raised by the Buyer will either be approved or rejected and the same will be communicated to the Buyer. Any goods returned back to Kidcity without prior approval will not be accepted under any circumstances.
B. DECISION ON THE RETURN REQUESTS
Basis our internal scrutiny of the Return Request raised by the Buyer, any of the following may occur:
- Approval of the Return Request: The Return Request shall be approved under the following scenarios:
In case of approval of the Return Request, if the Buyer has already paid for the Order, the order amount for the Product(s) shall be transferred to the Kidcity wallet for further use. Kidcity will not refund money as policy.
- Rejection of the Return Request: The Return Request raised by Buyer shall be rejected, in case of any of the following reasons:
We may, in our sole discretion, check the contents of the returned Shipment that are picked up from the Buyer, however, we shall not assume any responsibility or liability with respect to such verification of the Shipment. If we choose to do such verification, our check will be limited to checking that the Products which are handed over to us match the description of the Products, quantity, colour, size, and/ or brand with the Product for which Return Request has been raised. Buyer’s return request shall automatically stand cancelled in case the Products handed over to us do not pass the verification check. We will not entertain any further return request in case of any cancellation due to verification check.
C. DELIVERY OF REVERSE SHIPMENT TO THE SELLER / KIDCITY
- Once the Return Request raised by the Buyer is accepted, our Ground Sales Staff (GSS) will check the shipment from the buyer (“Reverse Shipment” ) within such timelines, as maybe communicated or displayed on the platform or otherwise. At the time of such pick-up the GSS shall conduct a QC check of the Shipment ( “QC Check” ), and the GSS may take photos, videos, etc. of the Reverse Shipment.
- We will return the Undelivered Shipment to the Seller on an ‘as is’ basis i.e., in the same condition as it is received by us from the consignee. At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to the Seller, our GSS will open the Reverse Shipment at Seller’s location and the Seller will be bound to accept such shipment in an open condition. The Seller agrees to allow our GSS to take photos, videos, etc. of the opened reverse Shipment. The Seller further acknowledges and undertakes that such photos, videos, etc. and/or remarks by our GSS with respect to the Reverse Shipment ( “Evidence” ) shall be used by us at the time of settling disputes (if any) that may be raised by the Seller with respect to the Reverse Shipment. We may ask the Seller to provide or submit additional documents in support of the dispute raised as per the terms of this Policy.
- At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to the Seller or any of the Seller’s representatives, our GSS will require the Seller to acknowledge the delivery of the same by signing on the proof of delivery document (“POD”). Seller or its representative is required to sign on the POD and clearly call out the damage or tampering to the Reverse Shipment (if any).
- At the time of receiving the Reverse Shipment, the Seller or any of the Seller’s representatives shall observe the following:
- The Seller are bound to accept the delivery of Reverse Shipment. However, despite our reasonable efforts to deliver the Reverse Shipment, if the Seller refuse to take delivery of the Reverse Shipment, we reserve our right to move the Reverse Shipment to our liquidation hub and liquidate or dispose-off such Reverse Shipment in any manner as we may deem fit in our sole discretion. We reserve a right to deduct and adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment (in case the amount for such Shipment has already been transferred to the Seller) against the sale proceeds that are collected by us on Seller’s behalf from the Buyer or any other amounts that we are required to pay to the Seller in accordance with the Payment and Settlement Services. We shall not entertain any claims brought with respect to such unaccepted / refused Reverse Shipment and the Seller agrees that the Seller shall not be entitled to receive any money or amount that we may receive from liquidation of such Reverse Shipment.
- If it is found that the Seller has misbehaved with our customer support team or forcefully detained or misbehaved with our GSS, we reserve the right to not deliver the Reverse Shipment and deduct & adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment from the Seller sale proceeds. We further reserve the right to take appropriate action against the Seller as per applicable laws.
D. DISPUTES RAISED BY THE SELLER*
1. Upon receipt of Reverse Shipment from the Buyer, Seller can raise a dispute with respect to the Reverse Shipment within seventy-two (72) hours from receipt of the same, failing which it shall be deemed as accepted by the Seller without any damage or fault. The Seller may raise a dispute for any one of the following reasons using the Platform:
- Reverse Shipment/outer box is in a visibly damaged condition or tampered;
- Products received are wrong;
- Difference in the quantity;
- If the Reverse Shipment is not delivered to Seller but marked “delivered” on the Platform; and/or
- Mismatch/non-alignment with the approved refund amount.
The Seller will also have a right to raise a dispute in cases where we choose to settle the amount with Buyer for the returned product without sending the returned product to the Seller.
2. Upon receipt of the Seller(s) complaint or dispute on the Platform, our returns dispute team will get in touch with the Seller to resolve concerns or disputes in accordance with our Policy, as maybe communicated from time to time. The Seller agree to co-operate with us while we investigate the claim or dispute raised. The Seller will be required to provide us photographs and/or videos of Reverse Shipment (internal and outer box), and such other documents/ proof or information which we may require to investigate into the issue or concern raised.
3. We may require certain documents/ proof/ information in support of the claim at the time of raising a dispute or post submission of the dispute. Seller will be required to provide documents/ proof in support of the claim, which include without limitation, images of the returned product(s) indicating the issue in the shipment received. The images need to clearly capture the following:
- the Return ID;
- AWB number of the shipment;
- issue observed by Seller in the returned product;
- damages to the returned product;
- brand name/ manufacturer’s name of the returned product; and/or
4. Upon receipt of the seller(s) dispute and necessary documentation in support of the claim, we will investigate internally and endeavour to resolve the dispute within five (5) days of receipt of dispute.
5. Based on the documentation provided by the Seller, the dispute may be resolved either:
- against the Seller, if it is concluded by us that:
In such cases, within forty eight (48) hours of resolution of Seller’s dispute, we shall deduct and adjust the value of the returned product (in case the amount for such Shipment has already been transferred to the Seller) from Seller’s sale proceeds that are collected by us from the Buyer(s) or any other amounts that we are required to pay to the Seller; or
The Seller further agrees that our decision with respect to the investigation shall be final and binding.
The raising of a Return Request and dispute resolution is a mechanism of User protection and is subjected to guidelines of fair use. If we in our opinion become suspicious or become aware of any misuse of this Policy or the Platform by any User, we may notify such User for a change in applicability of our Policy.
The User agrees to be bound to any changes or modifications made to this Policy as may be updated on the Platform, from time to time or any additional terms that may be communicated to the User, from time to time.
Buyer is allowed permitted to raise request for return only for limited numbers per year, it is the duty and responsibility of the Buyer to ascertain same decided number from GSS or the kidcity for smoother business transaction. Kidcity reserves the right to off board a buyer if he is found to be raising unnecessary return request or return goods without any substantial reasons whatsoever.